Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Ice House model

I’ve seen and Ice House model that at one time was a freebie. Today I can’t find it. I don’t mind paying for it. I’d just like to find it. Does anyone know where it is. Maybe it’s no longer in the system?
December 28, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJack Simpson
Hi Jack,
Here's the link to buy the Ice House:
http://clevermodels.squarespace.com/catalog-pg-27x/

It's P/N S125 The Small Wooden Ice House --- located on the lower 1/3rd of the page. Price is $9.95

Enjoy,
Sam
December 28, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterSam Miller
Thanks Sam. I’ll do that today.
December 29, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJack Simpson
Thank you, Sam., I got the Icehouse a few minutes ago. Think I like the most about it all the pages are separate; I don't like it when you open a download and there more than one page. Like Hoosier Mama's. You get 7 pages to print. If you want just one page, you have to print them all. The Icehouse * the silver City tool shop are one page at a time.
December 29, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJack Simpson
Jack (and others) when you open a multi-page file like Hoosier Mamas, and you open your print menu, there is usually a box that allows you to print "all", a specific "page" or a "series". Sometimes it is not obvious but every printer I've ever had, has this feature.
December 29, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDavid W Miecznikowski
Thank you for the info Dave. That will save allot of Ink.

Yesterday Amazon delivered a cutting mat, Glue bottles, and 100 #11 blades. Makes life allot easier.

These models are allot of fun. Wish I was not always in such a hurry. Because when you just do what you can the project comes out much better. I had tons of trouble getting the roof on the Hoosier Mama’s. It’s on but I’m not happy with it. Gives me what I need to do another one.
The Hoosier Mama’s was a big learning curve for me. I think it made me better at this. The one I have will work on my layout. However the building is so nice I want to do better for it. At first I was just going to do a couple of these Clever Models. But I’m hooked. I decided I’ll get a big factory to go where I was going to put these. Add a couple feet to the back of the layout and line these smaller ones across the back.

These are a real challenge because at 80 years old my eyes and hands are not what they use to be. But the therapy they are providing is worth thousands.

Thank you Clever Models for being here!
December 30, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJack Simpson
Jack,
Your not the first guy to mention that they thought of paper modeling as therapy. I have a couple of disabled vets who think of it the same way. I know it is therapy for me. I wonder if I can get the insurance companies to pay for kits. L-O-L Jack, would you please send me your email address privately to <mizewon@gmail.com>. The website does not capture email addresses and I would like to have yours.
December 30, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDavid W Miecznikowski
Jack,
I'm 78. I know what you mean. I use a lot of wattage lighting my work space and 3.75 reading glasses. To make things more fun, I put together a bunch of N scale card stock models a couple of years ago. I've been doing other things, recently, but I need to get back to the card stock models.
Donald
December 31, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDonald Albury
Donald: I too use 3.75. I have a LED light that sits over the cutting board. Seems to be working. The
Icehouse is coming along nicely. Looking forward to redoing the models I have already done.
January 2, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterJack Simpson
I have the foundation complete. Currently I’m working on the Icehouse doors. Detailing as you go does adds allot of time to the build. However it sure looks better than just the plain Jane model. It is so relaxing doing these. The cost is very low and the play value is very high. Poor trains are getting dusty. I spent all my train time building these models.
January 3, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterJack Simpson
I got the icehouse done this morning. It came out great. I’m super happy with it. I think I can do these CardStock models now.

I believe I’ll make another coal & ice house.
January 8, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterJack Simpson
Congratulations Jack, you’re on a roll!
January 8, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterSam Miller