Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > From Railroad to Interstate

I had to build an interstate highway bridge over my HO-scale rails - I-80 runs right over the old Lehigh Valley and Jersey Central mainlines at White Haven, PA. I thought about building with plastic girders and then saw the Railroad Girder bridge on the Clever Models site. At the same time I downloaded the latest freebie - the Lattice Girder and Columns Kit. I used an extended girder bridge with the curved ends lopped off as the girders to support each side of the concrete bridge (in my case a piece of spackled foam board and plastic jersey walls), joined with the Lattice Girder horizontal frames (pinted out at 45% O-scale) run about every 75 scale feet. I've already placed the east-bound span and am working on the west-bound section now. Abutments are spackled styrofoam. Photos are at https://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows/post/clever-clever.
October 28, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterTodd Morris
Todd,
I love what you are doing. Your creativity is what makes paper modeling such a great segment of the hobby. I can't wait to see the finished scene. Please send more pix as you have opportunity.
Thanks.
October 28, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
bad link to your post
November 9, 2021 | Unregistered Commentertodd morris0