Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > New building request 2

See previous post.

Whoops! I forgot to add the link to the pic ...

https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/bmz_cache/c/cf145a4046be6396215db9cb45da1346.image.400x209.jpg
March 11, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterAndyJ
Hello Andy

With a little bit of ingenuity and kitbashing you can pretty well get what you want from existing Clever models and textures.

The Steel Industrial CD/Collection has a couple of potential starting points, including S29, the steel mill building. Use the kit as a pattern for "newer" texture sheets ("standing seam" for something close to Colorbond Steel here in Australia), rather than the rusty iron textures of the kit. Doors and windows might have to come from other kits but a big advantage of card models is that you can easily make the modifications you need.

Happy Modelling, Lynn
March 14, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterLynn Zelmer
Thanks Lynn.

Good advice is always welcome. I'm a new starter in all this so I'm sure I'll become more familiar with "mix and match" as I get into the swing of it.

All the best,
Andy
March 15, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterAndyJ
Hey Andy.
Just wanted to let you know that am considering your request, Lynn, is one of the best paper modelers around is absolutely correct. In fact, I would go so far as to say that paper modelers are paper modelers because the gravitate to bashing and there is no better medium for it than paper. You can experiment a lot for very little money and labor. Even though, I generally shy away from more modern designs, I have gotten a few requests, so there is a good possibility.
Cordially,
Dave
March 15, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDavid W Miecznikowski
Thanks Dave.
I know it's probably a bit less interesting for you as a designer to put together a model of a more modern building but for me as a modeller for my own layout, it's of interest. I guess that this is where the artist versus businessman interface happens ...
Looking forward to further news (as I try my hand at the 20x20 blue shed freebie - which is an excellent start point for a complete beginner like myself).
Kind regards,
Andy
March 29, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterAndyJ
OK Andy, still no promises, but my opinion of the Bachmann enginehouse is that it is quite toylike. IF, and it's a BIG IF, if you could make the enginehouse like you want, what would it look like? Obviously, it's not going to have opening doors. And obviously, I can't copy what Bachmann did (exactly).
March 29, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDavid W Miecznikowski
Hi Dave,

I recognise the fact that the Bachmann is a bit plasticky and toylike. I wasn't really suggesting a direct copy at all. More just saying that a double engine house built in brick from the last 50 yrs might be interesting for someone like me. I know that you'd probably come up with something more interesting but in your own style if you decided it was worthwhile.

Best regards,
Andy
April 16, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterAndyJ