Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > FREEBIE #16 is available for download.

Hi everyone. With the sale and all and the virus quarantine, it has been a long time since a new freebie has been posted. Well the Magic Number has been reset and The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Newspaper Shack has been posted on the Freebies page. This kit is a bit different from our usual fare. It is a John Kosma original from about 2009. It has been rattling around on my hard drive and I thought it was about time to get it out there. You may notice that some of the images might not be as sharp as you have come to expect, but I stayed with the original artwork as much as possible. I did update a few details and clean things up a bit. It builds into a great little model. As the title on the kit pages implies, this is a model of an actual building that was located in the Milwaukee area. This was the storage shack where all the paperboys in the neighborhood would ride their bicycles to every morning to pick up their newspapers to deliver. It's a great little kit.
June 10, 2020 | Registered CommenterDave
This is a great little kit. I was wondering if you were considering a texture of this type of siding? The metal corugations are dirent from the rest of your textures.
June 11, 2020 | Unregistered CommenterWeston Rhodenizer
Glad you like it Weston. Like I said, the original artwork came from John Kosma of Gypsy Trolley Line fame. I believe he worked from photos that he took around his home in the Milwaukee area. It all depends if I can get additional source material. I know that this particular building is long gone, but who knows what I will find. I would certainly be willing to develop the texture, because it is rather unique.
June 11, 2020 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Miecznikowski
Must be for very small people as the side walls are only 6ft high and the door 5ft... I may have to scale it up a little (130% for O Scale) for my use as I like the overall structure. Thanks for posting it.
June 14, 2020 | Unregistered CommenterStorey Lindsay
Well Storey, it is a tiny structure. It was never meant to have people in it other than when the bundles of newspapers was loaded in from the delivery truck and when the paperboys picked them up to be delivered in the morning. Just a shelter to keep the elements off the papers. I can remember similar shacks from my days as a paperboy 60 years ago in Chicago. They were just tiny shacks, usually placed in any convenient, vacant lot.
June 14, 2020 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Miecznikowski