Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > First Industry Build

Just completed over the past month my first building project using Clever Models textures and kits. The URL link to my blog post gives more of the story, but suffice to say I am VERY happy with the results!

I needed to create at least a mock-up to fill an industry hole on my RR. I needed to create a model of National Metallurgical in Springfield, Oregon. I had very limited information on the project. Indeed, most of what I had was found in a single published 2x3 photo from the street-side of the industry. National Metallurgical was a refiner of silicon using cheap hydro-electric power. I needed a large corrugated steel structure set.

I based my work on the large steel mill building in HO scale. The core structure is pretty much as designed in the Clever Models kit. Similarly, the unloading shed for covered hoppers full of sand was a straight adaptation of the "Car Barn." The side sheds for the main mill building used more of the large steel mill building siding and ends. I then added 3-D elements. The result can be seen on the blog. Consider this one the "final" model, although I will add further 3-D elements over time.

Great to fill this gap on my RR. This led to an almost-flat warehouse using the same large mill siding. That will be reported upon soon. I just got Texture Collection -1 for yet another major industry complex. That one will be "textured mock-ups," but I expect it will need to last that way for a long time until I come back to build the final models. Meanwhile thanks to Clever Models, it will look very good.
March 26, 2020 | Unregistered CommenterBill Decker
I realized my blog link was not coming through. Here it is:

https://espeecascades.blogspot.com/2020/03/industrial-development-3-national.html
March 27, 2020 | Unregistered CommenterBill Decker