Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Reply to Mac Bailey

You asked what the item was "with all the holes" that is included with the Timber Loading Ramp from the Jackson 3 Collection.
Well, they (there are two of them) are loading ramps, meant to span the gap between the car and the dock. They are a bit tricky to fold, because they are pretty small, but they come out shaped like a channel that a fork-lift (or other vehicle) could drive on.

The electrical boxes, also in that collection are pretty generic and can be used fore just about any time frame from the 40's to the present. The smaller ones are pretty much obsolete now, replaced by the walk-in style of relay cabinet. Typically, they would house the track relays for signaling and be located somewhere near the signal being controlled and the battery man-hole.
September 30, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Great! Thanks, Dave. I figured the holey item might be a "bridge" between dock and rail car. It would be interesting to see somebody do the "folding" for N scale on that! Just for kicks, I may have to give it a try. The sheet printed out FOUR of them in HO, so I can practice AND make a mistake or two. . . that's what's great about card stock!

Well, I was afraid that the electrical boxes might be more appropriate for crossing signals and/or other signaling devices. I'm not industrious enough to wire for an electrical crossing arm, but I am interested in building the crossing (gate?!) tower kit. I guess I'll have to find another place for the electrical boxes
September 30, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterMBailey