Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Union Hotel Right Side Wall

I am working on the Union Hotel & notice that there is no tab for gluing the Right Side Wall to the Front Wall. Am I missing something here? There are tabs provided for joining the other 3 corners of the building. I will fab my own gluing tab with no problem but thought maybe I was missing something. Thanks, Larry Bradstreet
December 15, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterLarry Bradstreet
Larry, If you go to my tutorial, I think that I had to fabricate the tab. That's always an alternative.

https://www.facebook.com/265779450149487/photos/pcb.668771349850293/668768439850584/?type=1&theater

I wound up making a couple of small tabs and using the floors and the braces as the primary points of contact. As I recall, I did it in several steps with some toothpicks and some very thin CA and some capillary action along the tabs.

Jim
December 15, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore
Thanks Jim. I appreciate the tips. It's a nice model & will look great when it's done.
December 15, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterLarry Bradstreet
oopps. i'll fix that
December 16, 2014 | Registered CommenterDave
I'm not a fan of tabs. i cut most of them off. I get a cleaner corner by just joining the corners together. As far as joining pcs. in a "T" shape, I glue a thin cardboard strip to the hidden surface & attach the other pc. to that.
December 16, 2014 | Unregistered Commenterjerry