Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Re O Scale Only available

I am in N scale, but I have been buying the HO versions even when N scale is available. I use Corel Print Shop Pro to copy and arrange the building components onto a "larger" sheet, That way when I print them reduced to N Scale on 8-1/2 x 11 sheets.there is less paper "wasted". I have doon the same with O scale. Gimp , a free program, should also work.

Bottom line I will continue to purchase Clever Models kits. O scale only is not a problem.
September 19, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDonald Schmitt
I'm not sure what I'll do. I tried to reduce an O version of the Manilla Rope and Cord model to HO and was not successful. I do not know how to do the reductions.

Ron
September 20, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterRon
Adobe Reader does not let you scale prints. Need to open the file in a program that does. Photo Shop, Paint Shop Pro, GIMP and other programs can open pdf's and can can scale the prints.

To reduce from O to HO I would open the file in Paint Shop Pro then print it at 55%. (48 divided by 87) 55% is not exact but is close enough for most purposes.

These programs also make it easy to modify the buildings. You can lengthen or shorten walls,, change building heights (for instance make a 1 story building into a 2 story building): add, remove and reposition doors, windows ,signs, etc., use Clever textures to make your own designs; and much more.

,------------
A note about Paint Shop Pro (PSP). - For some, unknown to me, reason the program fails to open some of the Clever pdf files, although it works for most of them. When this happens I open the file in GIMP and save a copy in another format then open the copy file in PSP I don't really need to use PSP instead of GIMP, but I think it is more user friendly, so I prefer it.
September 20, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDonald Schmitt
In most cases the easy way out is to use the features in your print driver program. To go from 'O' to 'HO' set the printer to 54%. The size reduction is sometimes called 'scaling'. Once you have the PDF file open use control P to open your printer menu. Then select the properties tab and look for anything that indicates size or scaling. Once you have made your choice look for the print tab or button. Walla, 'O' to 'HO' or 'N' in a few clicks.
September 20, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
I too work in N Scale (I was in S) and I use the reduction feature of my print driver. To save paper I use both sides and also flip 180 degrees. This allows me to print four O scale drawings onto one 8 1/2 by 11 card stock sheet.
September 20, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDavid
To Ron, I experimented and Manila Rope and Hemp reduced to about 45-55% in the printer scaling.
September 20, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterCSAhomodeler