Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Paper Modelers chat group

I was wondering if any of you would like to start up a Paper models chat line so that we could discuss builds in real time and share ideas on kitbashing This would require finding a forum that has a chat line that we could use The fact that Clever Models is a member of a large number of forums Tom might be very instrumental in getting this going Getting all of us into one forum would also be a big plus in promoting the craft as opposed to an article here and there This would gather all those builds under one roof If any of you agree with this concept please let me know and I will try to start the ball rolling Thank You Paul Egri
September 29, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Egri
I would be very interested in participating in this type of forum. Best times are evenings after 8pm. Thursday/Fridays are not good but the other days are fine.

Charlie
September 29, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie
Sounds very interesting, I would like that, evenings also good for me, a chance to air out ideas and learn from others in simi real time.

Rick
October 1, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRick
I will try to kick this off in 3 weeks on Wed Oct 23 from 10 to 11 PM Eastern Standard Time at Free Rails Forum this should give those time to join the forum who are not already members I will however open the chat room starting this Wed at 10 so that we can introduce each other and have an open chat for anyone interested Thank You Paul
October 1, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Egri
Paul, I appreciate you taking point on this. I'll be in the chat room at 10 (9 pm my time)
October 2, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterThom
Yes, I appreciate your work as well Paul.

Not sure how this works, do we just log on here or are there additional instructions/downloads that will be needed?

Charlie
October 2, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie
Charlie you will have to be a member of Free Rails Forum Then you open Free Rails click the menu tab you will see chat open it and that will get you there but again you have to be a member of free rails to use this option I hope this helps and will be looking forward to meeting you Paul
October 2, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Egri
Sorry guys. Registered at the chat site. Could not get into the chat site. Very sorry, paper buildings are a big interest on our layout. I could see four guys there, couldn't get in. Jan W
October 2, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterJanW
Paul and others. A nice start tonight. We went for about an hour and a half.
as we found out we cant post pix at Freerails. I propose we give Whistlepost a try. Chat with pix, even web cam and streaming audio available. Easy to navigate site. You do have to join to post but it takes less then a minuet. take a look.
www.thewhistlepost.com
I just ran a test and the chat works really well
October 3, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave
Jan, try joining www.Whistlepost.com and let us know if you have any problems with that.
I found it super easy and easy to navigate. A really well designed site. Freerails is also a good sihjt but I want to be able to share pix.
Great idea Paul. I'm looking forward to this

Hope to see you all there on Wed Oct 23 from 10 to 11 PM Eastern Standard Time
October 3, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave
One thing I think is important. This group should be about ALL paper modeling. that is to say NOT just Clever models but Scale scenes, Metcalf, Super quick, Fiddlers green any time paper is used as the major component.
October 4, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterThom
Thom I agree with that comment and would enjoy talking this over with you please contact me at my email address so we can discuss this in more detail thanks Paul
October 4, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Egri
Hey......Freerails says they aren;t accepting new registrations and I can't seem to fins whistlepost.com? Any clues?
November 16, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterBart Salmons
Bart, try this......www.thewhistlepost.com

That should get you there. I'll be on tonight at about 9PM

Thom
November 16, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave