Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > 2013

Just want to start the year rolling. No resolutions just work to get done. We had a good year, at least in that it was better then last year. Still have lots of unfinished projects, some big some not. we are going to build 2 or possibly 3 new layouts this year. We'd like to sell our original demo layout and I'd like to see bro Dave's O scale layout refurbished.
I want to get a custom building thing going, focusing on micro layouts. All this is of course an effort to make Clever models a full time business.
Some ideas from last year were successful. I think we are becoming better marketers. Some ideas fell flat like the KNK digital cutters.
the usual ups and downs. I think the best path is to continue to have ideas and pursue them. At risk of being repetitive. You all are behind any success we see. Thank you.

I'd welcome a wish list from you folks.
January 1, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterThom
Please get the N discs done.
January 2, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterMike S
Are you still thinking of card modelling for sci-fi/fantasy table top wargaming? I have a son who would definitely be interested.
January 2, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterWeston R
Would your son like to test build some stuff. I have tons. everything from a moon base to a steam punk blimp. lots of terrain pieces.
January 3, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave
I spoke with my son, and yes he would be interested. He is currently building a 40K Imperial Guard army but has done modelling and painting for friends with Orcs, Space Marines etc. Has also an extensive Lord of the Rings table top army selection.

So fantasy and sci-fi.
January 8, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterWeston R
Perhaps you could team up with Troels Kirk and produce a supurb line of harbour structures, based on his excellent O-Scale scratch-built cardstock builings.
January 8, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterMase Maronn
Mase, Actually 2 of our recent structures are inspired by Troel's work.
Both "Kirk's books" and "Smitty's music shop" (both are available as downloads and on the "Jefferson collection's More wood" disk) were inspired by photos of his layout. The models are not exact copy's of course but rather use his sense of proportion and color and both are very appropriate harbor town structures. I am also finishing a kit based on models by Harry Brunk. the Union hotel and later in the year a mine.
A really nice wooden warehouse (harbor appropriate) is also nearing completion (Zellmer's general merchandise)
January 8, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave