Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Half Through Girder Bridge - Assembly

I'm assembling the girder bridge wondering what others are doing with a few of the components.
Here's link to download/view 2 photos explaining my questions of where to place/glue 2 items. And if the one item can be used between the
girder supports on both the outside and inside of the girder.

I would post the photos here, but not sure I can do that.
Thanks for your help!
Sam Miller

The link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ydxmse498jy12s2/AAAYVbuclDBbx-YNy6EtU-NJa?dl=0
June 27, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterSam Miller
Sam
While we try to keep the kits very versatile with extra parts and such, many times we don't really tell you what to do with them. Having said that, my "official" answer is what I usually say. It's YOUR model, build it YOUR way. Don't let rules and regulations force you into anything. Now for a practical answer. The rivet strips can be used anywhere you wan, but typically they go along the top and bottom of the girders. The little straight pieces CAN be used to define weld lines if you don't use the triangular gussets. Otherwise just leave them off.
June 28, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Dave, thanks... appreciate your explanation. Having retired not long ago, I’m just 6 months into modeling, reviving childhood memories of our HO scale layout build by my dad that was a journeyman pattern maker at the PRR shops in Altoona PA. Very grateful for the access to all you guys create that feeds my passion for the craft!
June 29, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterSam Miller
HI Sam and Dave.
Just to add to what you said about using the parts the way you want to, we used basically the girders glued onto the half inch ply sub roadbed to form a ballasted deck bridge on a Free-Mo module called 'No name creek'.
July 1, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterStan Agar
Hi Sam,
How is the build coming, any more photos?
I'm been thinking about building one of these myself.
What are you using for the base?
Thanks,
Mike
July 25, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterMike King
Hi Mike,
So far, I have 1 side 20” long constructed on a base of 6” X 3/16” balsa wood (I,m guessing thickness). I’m gone for 2 weeks, can send photos when I return. Tks for your interest! Oh the scale is O gauge, but will be fine for my grandson’s G scale train. Sam
July 26, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterSam Miller
Hi Dave and MIke,

Here's the link to my drop box with photos of the bridge 95% complete, Yet to be added are the bands that wrap the top edge of the girder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iweqy3kmrto1blb/AAB8xS54JTIa_jVUkx1MsyKua?dl=0

You're welcome to post and or download the pics.

This is the O scale size, but I'm using this for the G scale Lionel "Ready to Play" set for my 5 yr old grandson. I stand corrected from my earlier post... that the base for the bridge is 3/16" commercial grade foam core board. This was a sample from my local printing shop that uses this for signage. On the surface of the base is I used a print of concrete slabs from another project.

My complements to the "Clever Brothers" for developing and offering this project, that looks professional and has a variety of uses!

All the best, Sam
August 25, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterSam Miller