Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Saw Mill and Lumber yard

Thom are there any future projects like a small sawmill and or Lumber company with storage sheds on the back burner? Would be nice.
July 6, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterjiwanicki
I was looking for a lumber yard too!
Any chance?
July 6, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterLinda
That's actually a great idea - a nice subject to model...
July 7, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterKevin WS
Actually I'd love to do a sawmill . I'm hesitant because it would be very complicated to model. Convince me otherwise.show me some pics of what you have in mind. Would you be happy with just the building s?
We already have several that could work. The covered tanks(without tanks). The furniture factory etc.
Show me what you want.
July 7, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom
I put a vote in on both of them! great subjects ..

also ... any chance we'll see those cars you were showing us online swhile ago ?
July 7, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterNick
Well folks, no mill on the immediate horizon, but take a look at page 15 of the SHOP for MODEL KITS pages. You might find something NEW, just added there.
July 8, 2018 | Registered CommenterDave
This is a test
July 11, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Hey Nick.
Actually, I thought I put them up a while ago, but I checked and they are nowhere to be found. So, I guess I'll have to find out their status. I'll post an update as soon as I figure it out.
July 11, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Im looking into a lumber yard style structure. Id like some feedback on dimensions. what footprint would be good?
July 13, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterthom
Thom

When I think of a really nice Lumber yard I think of the "Mt Albert Lumber yard" in O scale ....its 12" wide By 11.5 Deep

Nick
July 13, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterNick
Mt Albert Lumber yard is a perfect example for a lumber yard. Woodland scenic has a Tie & Plank Mill scene that's approximately 18" x 8" in HO.
July 14, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJim Iwanicki
Okay I lumber yard not the same thing as a sawmill which I was trying away from making a lumber yard I'll do. Jim Gore just did a lumber yard for his layout and if he allows me to use it as a model I will base my lumber yard on his.
July 14, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom
There was a nice model in HO of a rail-served lumber supply in the May 1960 Model Railroader. It would probably be too large for O scale as it measured 12" x 24" base in HO, but it may give you some ideas.
July 17, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterD. Rarig
Well Dave I would make it modular so it could be any size
July 18, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom
Thom
I saw a few pics of Jim Gore's lumber yard and it looks like Mt Albert's . I vote for that. .... it's compact and modular.
I love the way "Lumber" is painted on the roof
July 19, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterNick
Yes, I like that too. I asked Jim for permission to use his design. It's likely I'll do something like that.
July 19, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterthom
S scale resource online magazine has a sawmill pictured that would be perfect. www.sscaleresource.com/ page 25. take a look
July 22, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterjiwanicki
Walthers used to have a lumber yard in their Cornerstone series. It was offered in HO and O scales. It was a simple layout, just two buildings, an office and a lumber shed. The overall footprint was small and with a fence around it made a compact industry.
July 24, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterBill