Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > western store alternative front

Have just started to construct the western store kit and noticed that the Ho kit has a second false front when compared to the O scale kit. I acquired both kits when they were available as freebees but would like to build the alternative front in O scale. Is the alternative front available in the regular O scale kit. If not will it ever be made available.
October 26, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterLyle Hetsler
You may be able to enlarge the HO scale front since you have it. It may lose some clarity, but probably not much.
October 26, 2017 | Unregistered Commenterjerry
I would but looking at the kit the Ho kit doors are on the wrong side. Plus when I did try to print it at 181 percent it came out too small
October 26, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterLyle Hetsler
If you flip it in a photo editing program, would the doors be right? may have to keep trying an enlargement size until its right.
October 26, 2017 | Unregistered Commenterjerry
Hi Lyle. At first, when I saw your post, I didn't know what you were referring to. It's been a really long time since I looked at that kit. You are obviously talking about the opposite hand front with the green window frames. Back when that kit was produced, we weren't too careful about keeping the kits uniform across the scales. Sometimes we even missed pieces. We just weren't as diligent as we are now. I apologize if this has caused you any problems. If you let me know, specifically, what you need, maybe I can come up with a solution. (Maybe not, we'll see.) But the advice you have been getting, so far is good. Blowing HO up to O should work out at 181%, but sometimes the printer itself will cause problems. Since you will be spilling off the sides of the paper (unless you have a large format printer) some compression might be taking place. Make sure you are not printing to "FIT" or with "BOARDERS" turned on. There could be other settings that are causing the issue. All printers are different, even within the same manufacturer.
October 28, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Thank you to everyone who gave a reply so quickly after having posting my question. It is my intention to give a try and see what I can do with a photo editing program. Hopefully it will solve the problem, if not I will be learning a new skill to use later on. Ill send a picture when done.
October 29, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterLyle Hetsler