Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Here in the UK

Here in the UK, we tend not to use wood for our railway buildings (we cut most of our trees down to make charcoal) so most Clever kits are of limited use. However, Mike Godfrey has used some to scenic his Simpleton Halt 09 layout. I can post photos if someone can tell me how!
November 15, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Charlesworth
Well David, I,m not sure why you think our kits are of "limited use", or are your trees so precious that you don't make paper either. Technically, paper is wood, but I don't think the amount of paper in our kits requires that many trees. In my opinion, there is no wood in anything we sell. We sell data. What you print it on is up to you. If you want to, attach your pictures to and email to <mize1@sbcglobal.net>.
November 15, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Dave

I think you misunderstood my reference to wooden buildings. In the UK most of our building are made from stone or brick and in the US wood seems to be a much more common material. As to card modelling, we have a long tradition of card modelling for both building and rolling stock. I shall send photos to you by e mail.

David
November 15, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Charlesworth
David
Yes, I definitely misunderstood. I didn't realize at all that you were referring to the prototype. After re-reading my comment I realize that I was a bit rude and I sincerely apologize.
We only have a couple of stone textures on our DVD and they are typical American. What does the stonework in the UK look like? I wonder if it is more like our New England Stone.
If you have any pictures that show a good bit of stone, I would love to see them.
I will get what you have sent posted as soon as I can.
Thank you
Dave
November 16, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Hi
Did you get th photos I sent you of the layout here in the UK?
December 10, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Charlesworth
David
Referring to your latest email, no, I did not get any pictures.
Please try re-sending them to <mize1@sbcglobal.net>.
Also, please include your email address. This discussion page does not automatically capture addresses, so I have no way of privately answering your questions.
Thanks.
Looking forward to the pictures.
December 10, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski