Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Princeton Brewery

Has anyone built the the Princeton Brewery in HO scale? I have completed the structure but the roof is a mystery to me. I is way to big in both width and length.
November 16, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterRon
Hi Ron, I built it in N scale, but it was scaled from the HO download. No real problems with the roof, but I don't remember if I had to cut it down. You can see a pic of it in my Photo Bucket.http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/RdgNgineer/library/?sort=3&page=1
November 17, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDave Rarig
Holly cow, Rarig, how did you find time to put ANY miles on your truck? Really enjoyed looking through your bucket of photos. I don't see how ANYone works in N scale; HO is tough enough for me. I was pleased to see your comment wishing for a jig for the stairs; I really have trouble with stairs -- in HO, much less N! Also liked the intended or unintended reference to explosives in the Superintendent's office; seems a number of "Superintendents" can be a bit hot-headed. Good work.
November 17, 2014 | Unregistered Commentermwbailey
Thanks Dave. Your buildings are incredible (and in N scale WOW). The roofs of both buildings must have been cut down. There is no way they could fit otherwise.

Ron
November 17, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterRon
Dave,

Very nice. Your work shows me what I need to reach for in HO.

Donald
November 18, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDonald Albury
Thanks for the nice words, guys. I remember that I made a sub-roof from chipboard for the brewery, laminated the wood underlay to the underside, then laminated the tar paper to the top side. I was considering cutting holes in it, adding joists and caved-in boards for a really distressed look....decided that was too much work. I did build it in my truck cab; amazing how much time you can find if you really look for it. Oh, the explosives reference was intended! Any super who has to use an 8' x 8' shack for his office is bound to be explosive!!!!
November 18, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDave Rarig