Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Digital Cutting Machine

Going through old posts got me to researching digital cutting machines. I have a few questions for anyone who uses one.
1. Can they be used to cut the cardstock out without the parts sticking to the mat so hard they rip when you attempt to pull them off? I would assume a mat that is less tacky?
2. Since the models are in pdf format, will the software on these DCMs allow me to import the drawings or do I need to redraw?
3. Speaking of the software for these machines. Can it be used to draw scale models or do I need to import from a different software?

Thanks for reading
March 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBill C
Good morning Bill, My name is Steve i just read your post and i went online to ebay to check it out there is one called a cameo that seems to do what your asking. Also there is a guy on there that says he is a distributor and may be able to answer your questions better. Steve
March 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterSteve
Thanks Steve,
Yes there is a lot of good info out there and I'm certainly trying to read it all before spending the mullah. I was hoping to find someone with personal experience with the Clever models and the cutting machines. I have found that sometimes what may "surely work" doesn't in the end translate over.
March 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBill C
The biggest question we have and the reason we havent pulled the trigger is "Blade life"
I personally don't think that would be a problem but I do not control the company purse strings. I have done a great deal of research. The Cameo does not have enough cutting force. there are 2 that I recomend The KNK Zing and a company called Black cat.
Be aware there is a learning curve and you should not expect perfect results right out of the box BUT they can do the job, no question
KNK runs a forum that has a modelers section. I've seen some very well done rail cars there.
http://knkusa.com/forums
keep in mind that these machines were not designed as hobby tools but as vinyl sign cutters.
I still want one
March 14, 2014 | Registered CommenterDave