Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Glazing

I was wondering where I can find glazing for the windows on my models. Thanks.
March 23, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterWilliam
I made window glazing from mail envelopes using the clear address window material.
March 23, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterSean
William
I have tried many, many different materials and have decided that when I want clear windows (not frosted) I use .010" Evergreen Clear Polystyrene. My main reason is that it is perfectly flat and thick enough to stay that way. If I am modeling some older decrepit building, I might use something less stiff, but I just don't like the way wavy glass looks. For frosted windows, try Vellum paper.
Dave Miecznikowski
March 23, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
I have used the foils for overhead projection. Today, with Powerpoint, normally nobody uses this type of material, but it has a really big advantage: it is printable. If you have to make i.e. some industrial windows, take a sheet of overhead foil suitable for your printer (yes, there are two types - for laser- or inkjet) and print the windows on the sheet. It really works good.

Peter
March 24, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterPeter
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try.
March 28, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterWilliam
Just curious to see if anyone has made use of the sidewalk option and if so could you post some pictures? I'm trying to figure out how to make good looking curbing as well as see if there is a good use of drains (other than laying flat).

Bought a few CD's at the O scale show, looking forward to making a bunch of buildings to resemble a front street business district.

Thanks, Charlie
April 1, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie
Sorry about the above post, I thought I was creating a new topic. Maybe Dave can move it
April 1, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie
Hey Charlie, I left a comment and a pic in the BLOG.
Dave
April 2, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave