Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Suggestions for sealant

So, I've made a few of the models in here and I think I'm getting addicted! The next step will be buying a few of your textures to see if I'm capable of creating a few of my own. However, I've noticed that even though I am spraying them down with a flat spray after I'm done, they are still a little shiny for my taste. So far it's not an issue, since I haven't made anything worth displaying, but I'm starting to get better. Anyone have suggestions for a product they use after completing a model? Thanks!
February 12, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterPaul D
That's a great question and I hope all you master builders out there will chime in with your methods.
February 12, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave
I've used Testor's dull coat and have liked the result.
February 12, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterJim Bisbee
I agree with Jim. I have used Dulcote as well with good results. I often spray the sheets prior to cutting and assembly and again, after partial construction, but before I glaze the windows [I do that on most of my models]. The double-dulling, so far, hasn't hurt the models. I also suggest rubbing Chapstick along the bottom 1/8" or so of the model [inside and out and along the exposed bottom edge] to prevent it from absorbing water when I put scenery down.

Jim
February 13, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore
Oh, I really like the chapstick idea. I was just thinking about that exact issue recently. Thanks guys!
February 13, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterPaul D
that is a good tip. thanks Jim.

I've been hearing a lot about matt varnish from people over at the "armor modeler" sites Brands like "Vallaho" and "scalecoat"
February 14, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave
if dullcote doesn't do it, try krylon flat
February 14, 2013 | Unregistered Commentermel perry