Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN FOLKS

I just posted a new graphic for the BRICK & MORTAR disc on the O scale BUY DISCS page. Would you all mind going over there to take a look and let me know if this might be a better way of showing the disc and what buildings are on it. Make any and all comments that you want. Too small, too big, bad color, whatever.
Thanks in advance.
Dave
January 26, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Hi,

If you are talking about the pictures of the buildings on the Disk, I think that is a great idea.

What is the long building with the half round roof called and is it available by itself?

Thanks.

Bill
January 26, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBill Fornshell
Bill, that's "Akron tool co" Its a very big kit and is only on the "brick and mortar" disc right now. The picture shows two kits end to end. Easily done since you can print as much as you like. It also comes with a peaked roof with clerestory and large roof vents.
there's no real reason we couldn't put it up on its own. I'll see if we can do that some time next week. (If Dave has time)
As you can see the disk has a lot on it and there is still more thats not shown.
January 26, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
I like the idea of the photos of the structures on a disc. What I would really like to see is a free downloadable catalog, say in .pdf form. It should contain photos and descriptions of each structure as well as how to purchase the structure (name of disc and/or downloadable as well as in what scales it is available and pricing).
January 27, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBill
Well, short of Bill's suggestion, the photos of the buildings on the disc is great. I've gone back to the "Models" page a number of times trying to get a picture of what might be included on a disc. Of course, everything that's on a disc is not always available as a separate model; hence, the photos with the disc help!

By the way, the image for the new disc (at the top of the O scale disc page) does not show on my PC. I checked my wife's Mac, and it's there. Maybe just a problem with my computer, but I've always suggested to my students (developing websites) to shoot for the "lowest common denominator" so even those with old computers can view their sites.
January 27, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMack
Hi everyone. We've had a suggestion that we put together a downloadable catalog where we list each kit available with a pic or two (or three), the description, what disc it may be on, scales, prices, etc.

I think this is a great idea. We've had the catalog idea batted around allot, over the years, and just never got it off the ground with this type of organization and clarity of thought. Sometimes you just can't see the obvious.

Unless someone tells me it's a dumb idea or presents me with a better one, I pretty sure, I am going to pursue this.
Dave
January 27, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
I like the catalog idea, I would also add some information on footprint of structures.

For me I want to make sure a structure will fit and not overwhelm the space I want to put it.
January 27, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMatt Newman
Well, I see that I am not alone about not being able to see photos on the Clever web sit. Mack I have the same trouble as youi and my computer is only five months old. And I used to t3each computer stuff also. Your rite about the lowest commen denominitor.

As requested, I did goto the "O" scale disk area and do not see the image. Odd, it is the same in the "HO" area.

As to the on line 'catolog' it is a fantatic idea. I look for ward to seeing one. I think all of the forgoing ideas are great. And yes, the foot print is a good idea.

On anothe note, I had requested a different color for the 'speeder shed'. You folks were great and did e-mail me one. The one I recieved is in "O" scale but I model in "HO". The scale is not a problem. One can always rescale. What I did notice was that not all the trim work matched the color scheme. The real reason I mention this is so that you can correct the colors befor putting the 'New' sheds on line or disk.

You fellows are the best. Keep up the great work.

John
January 27, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
Hi all. Since we can't do pix here, go to the blog to see what I'm thinking, Ignore the quality of the content. I know there are shadows on the buildings and you probably won't make out the footprint because it's so light, but this format might cover most of the bases.
January 27, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Dave, I think it's a great idea. I think it will not only inform the buyer but also get him/her more excited about buying the disk. Go for it
January 27, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJim
I think the format shown on the blog page is good. It contains the essential information to allow a potention buyer to determine whether the model fits his/her needs. Even though I already own most of the O-scale offerings, I would use such a catalog. Now, if I can only get the HO-scale pdf files to print in O-scale...
January 29, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterStorey Lindsay
Yep, catalog with photos is a great idea. Including the footprint with dimensions is fantastic (you might have noted an earlier post of mine asking for size of some structures!?).

Not to make MORE work for you, but . . . a downloadable catalog with some construction hints might be good. I believe GHQ folks (metal models) includes hints for painting their products in their catalog, for example.
January 30, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMack
Dave,
Yes, the picture of the o scale brick and mortar cd contents is VERY useful. Would like to see a similar picture for the others. Thanks.
May 1, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJohn