Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Skippy's Hot Dogs

Thom,

I think that "Skippy's Hot Dogs" is a great model, but something is missing. A sidewallk sign needs to be out front.

I have just the thing for Skippy's. I will send it as a attachment in another message. It would be nice if you could share with the others.

John
April 8, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
I'll do that John. give me a couple of days and I'll put it in the freebies section.
Thom
April 9, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Thom,

I have already sent you 2 photos of the sidewalk sign. One of each side.

The building associated with the hot dog sign has a interesting history. In the late 1920's it started life as a used car lot. Remained as such into the 1950's. After that it was converted to a used RV lot and stayed that way into the 1960's. It then remained empty for many years. And finally a small church purchased the lot and turned it into a hotdog stand along with burgers and icecream sunies and such. In 2010 the church sold the property. The new owners again plan to use it as a used car lot. Full circle so to speak.

Interesting trivia, throughout the buildings life to date it has always remained the same color. I know because I used my Little Buck to scrap off paint down to the bare wood.

The building is located in Wildwood, FL. And guess what? It is located across the road from a railroad station which now serves Amtrak.

I plan to make a model pof this building for my layout. If you are interested I can send you photos. Perhaps you could turn the photos into a kit for your customers.

Thanks for 1st Street. It will keep me busy for while.

John
April 9, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
Say Thom, guess you forgot. John
April 15, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
Not sure I'm following you John. Forgot what? I must have.
Thom
April 15, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Thom,

Take a look at the first and second entry of this thread. I think the pitcher will come back to you.:))

John
April 17, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes