Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > My Layout EpisodeĀ 2

Howdy again,

Well I've been busy the last couple of weeks in my spare time building models. I don't know how to put up pictures but I have put out some videos on youtube so I posted one at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8jClrGtr5g

As I said in my last post, I'm new to cardstock modeling....... heck modeling in general. My previous model was the Tijuana Taxi back in 1970 so yes I'm new to modeling but I'm having a blast. The nicest thing about the cardstock models is when you make a mistake you simply print off another copy and build it again!
Just a note, I use both 110lb and 60lb paper for my models, and they are printed off on a standard Kodak ESP7 printer.
My first model that you will see is the standard "outhouse", I found that one somewhere on the Net.
All of my models are in HO so in some cases I didn't do some of the finer detailing, mainly because my fingers and eyes are probably G scale but my space is limited so my layout will be in HO. Also as my skills improve I'll go back and redo some of the buildings to include that detail.
My second model was the Scales that appeared as a Freebie on the Clever Model web site, for me this was a step up in skills for me and I actually layered the windows and roof.
The third model is the Turbine House from the Bricks & Mortar CD, that was a challenge for me but what fun!
Sorry for this being so long winded was this post, please watch the video and after you get through laughing let me know what I did right LOL, seriously, let me know what I can do differently to make my future models better.
October 6, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterSteven
Thanks for the cool video link Steven. Send me any pix directly and I'll see that they get posted once we get a gallery going.
Keep on building and having fun.

Thom
October 6, 2010 | Registered CommenterDave
Steven,

Nice work. Great vidio.

John
October 6, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterJohn