Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Clever Models Newbie....Hey Jim Gore!

I am new to cardmodeling. I am also wondering where Jim Gore is located in Central Florida as I, too, am located in this area. Hey Jim; are you in the Ocala Club. Seems I have heard your name before in the local circles.
Larry
May 26, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterLarry Bowen
Larry,

Sorry to not get back to you sooner. Not in the Ocala club. I live in St Pete; feel free to give me a call and visit some time. Contact me through my posted email and we can discuss a visit. I do quite a few NMRA clinics in the Sunshine Region and have done clinics on cardstock modeling [as a matter of fact, I think I agreed to do one for the Western Division meet in Plant City in August] and I am giving a hands-on 2-day clinic in Sarasota in October [nothing like planning ahead]. I also do clinics on detailing structures and on scratchbuilding from wood and on the Chili Lines. Right now ... I'm working up one on modeling in plaster. If you were at the SSR meeting in Tallahassee a few weeks ago, I gave a clinic there too. I've also published a couple of articles on card modeling [using Clever Models as examles]; recently in O Scale Trains and O Guage Railroading. If you were at the Sn3 Symposium in Clearwater about a year ago, I gave a clinic there, too. Anyway, I'm in St Pete and am in the Sarasota Club (I live closer to Sarasota than the other club in Largo).

Jim
May 27, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore
Larry,

jgore@ut.edu

Jim
May 28, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore
Larry,

If you are interested, I will be giving a clinic on cardstock craftsman kits (mostly Clever Models) at the NMRA western division meet [August 28], in Plant City. I know it's a bit of a drive from Ocala but thought I would let you (and anybody else interested) know.

Jim
July 26, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore
that's great Jim. wish i could attend. can you video it. id post it on our site.

Thom
July 26, 2010 | Registered CommenterDave
Thom,

I'll see what I can do. I don't have a video camera, myself, but a lot of the clinics are shot by somebody so I will see if I can borrow a copy.

Jim
July 27, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore
Larry,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the NMRA meet yesterday. I hope you liked the clinic. I always enjoy telling people about cardstock modeling. It is amazing how realistic they are and how many people are impressed with the quality of Clever Models.

Thom,

The clinic was, indeed, video-taped and I will have a DVD sent to me within the next couple of weeks. Since I am going to London for a couple of weeks, I will probably send it on to you [you can decide if it's worth posting] after I return. Good luck at the Narrow Gauge Convention. Wish I was going to be there.

Jim
August 29, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore
I hope that you will post the video somewhere, living here in Oklahoma I don't get much of a chance to see how this modeling is done other than just by trail by error.
August 29, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterSteven